Welcome to Steamy Kitchen!

Hi, I'm Jaden, a professional recipe developer, food columnist and food photographer specializing in fast, fresh and easy recipes for the home cook. Most of my recipes are modern Asian! About meFast, fresh & easy recipes for the home cook.

Archive for December, 2010

Sort:
December 31, 2010

Black Eyed Peas with Ham – good luck for New Year’s!

Perfect for New Year’s – Black Eyed Peas with Ham Recipe symbolizes prosperity (I’m sure we could all use some!( Step by step photos and easy recipe.

December 28, 2010

Peas and Bacon

I honestly had trouble naming this dish. Peas and Bacon? Or Bacon and Peas? In the marketing world, I guess you’d have to consider the target market. In my case, it was our family friend, Shawn, who is a true carnivore. 99.6% of his dinner plate is meat. The remaining 0.4% of his plate is […]

December 27, 2010

Spoonachos

Silly name, great concept….but only if you can figure a way to keep them from crushing in the bag. Via Incredible Things.

December 27, 2010

Food Packaged T-Shirts

Cleverly packaged t-shirts! Via Incredible Things.

December 27, 2010

Chicken Caprese (using leftover chicken)

It’s high tomato and basil season here (I know, insert a groan from those suffering in 16F weather) and with a massive pile of leftover turkey from Christmas dinner, it’s Turkey Caprese for dinner tonight. The dish is dead simple and I can’t think of a better way to dress up leftover protein. Just pile […]

December 20, 2010

Giveaway: VitaClay Smart Multicooker

  VitaClay Smart Multicooker This is one of the most-used small appliances in my kitchen. I use the VitaClay Smart Multicooker to cook rice, stews, and make soups. Think of it as a rice cooker and slow cooker with an all-natural clay pot. It’s been featured as one of the top-rated slow cookers . . .

December 19, 2010

Giveaway: Apple iPad

I’m teaming up with Kraft Foods to give away an Apple iPad! In the spirit of giving and in celebration of their new Apple iPad app Big Fork Little Fork, we’re giving away one Apple iPad. Big Fork Little Fork has recently teamed up with celeb Chef Marcus Samuelsson to release a new content pack. . . .

December 18, 2010

Easy Sew Kitchen Hand Towels

Step-by-step photo instructions for easy-sew kitchen towels that you can make in an afternoon. Perfect gift!

December 17, 2010

Tiramisu Cupcakes

I just have to put it out there that if I’m going to spend the calories on a dessert, it should satisfy not only my sweet (and salty) tooth, but also take care of my boozy tooth too. Specifically, desserts that include some sort of dunking, spritzing or drizzling of alcohol that can make my […]

December 17, 2010

Giveaway: Kenmore Elite Stand Mixer

Kenmore Elite 5-Quart Stand Mixer Value $199.99 The beautiful art of mix. Effortless, illuminating, exhilarating. A whisk, a whip, helping everything you knead a tasteful touch. Kenmore Elite® 5-Quart Stand Mixer delicious by design™. Whisk, whip, wow!-Backed by 400 watts of power to handle your most ambitious creations. Included wire whip, dough hook, . . .

December 16, 2010

Sushi Christmas Tree

Now this is a Christmas tree I could surely eat! See more wacky Christmas trees at Walyou.

December 16, 2010

Giveaway: Kenmore Elite Food Processor

Kenmore Elite 14 cup Food Processor (value $159.99)Meals made easy! 800-watt motor and multi-purpose blade allows you to quickly and expertly slice, shred and chop even the most labor-intensive ingredients. Crisp salads, quick salsas, fresh bread and more, made easy. Capture all the flavor-Designed with a generous sized food chute and . . .

December 14, 2010

Guitar Shredder

Your cheese never sounded so fine. $10.00 at Gama-Go.

December 14, 2010

Box Crafts

Don’t throw away those shipping boxes! Come see the genius ideas to make them into toys for your kids over at my blog at Discovery Health.

December 13, 2010

Greek Mac ‘n Cheese

Dang this looks good! Greek Mac and Cheese recipe over at Saveur.