Monday, September 28, 2009

Guess what?

jaden-cookbook-20

I just came home from the BlogHer Food conference in San Francisco — a trip which deserves its own post a little later this week, but if you can’t wait to read about my crazy adventure with Ree of The Pioneer Woman and Elise of Simply Recipes, you’ll just have to head over to Ree’s post on our swanky party that we hosted and Bay Area Bites for a recap on the conference.

Oh, now where was I?

(giggle)

I’m so giddy that I can’t sit still!

My book is shipping early via Amazon and Barnes & Noble online!

Which means….

IT’S REAL.

I mean, the cookbook is REAL. Like not just bits and bytes on my computer hard drive. Not just a jpg on my screen.

But a real book that sits on the shelves in a bookstore! That you can actually hold in your hands, flip through the pages and cook from.

Thank you.

Thank you, my friends, for your inspiration, your comments, love and cheerleadership.

Is that a word?

Thank you to the 200 recipe testers, whom I should just call my “board of advisors,” my blog-sistas Elise, Diane (who took this photo of me yesterday at the hotel) and Bee who all served unknowingly as part of the official Steamy Kitchen support group, right next to Jack Daniels!

Well, I had so many people to thank in the acknowledgments page of the book that the publisher had to put it in super teeny tiny font to fit it all in. So you might need a magnifying glass to read it all! And if I had it my way, I could have added another 2 pages of thank you’s.

And the first batch of press has been @!)%(!#$ excellent!

Library Journal just wrote “Hair (www.SteamyKitchen.com) is a home cook-turned-food blogger-turned-cookbook author. She shares recipes drawn from her mother’s kitchen, other food bloggers, and her own delightful archives. Her focus is mostly simple Asian dishes (from China, Vietnam, Japan, and Thailand), with several more complicated ones thrown into the mix. She veers from the current trend of Asian fusion cuisine by trying to uphold the integrity of each country’s unique flavors and ingredients. This focus is what makes her book distinctive. Hair also provides great kid-friendly dishes like eggrolls, Chinese broccoli and beef, and crispy chicken with citrus teriyaki sauce. Desserts are appealing and include the much loved bubble tea and an innovative grilled banana-and-chocolate treat. VERDICT For home cooks of all levels of experience seeking to expand their repertoire of Asian recipes, Hair has written an extremely accessible cookbook that blends great recipes with mouthwatering photographs she took. Highly recommended.”

Publisher’s Weekly: The Cooking Star You Haven’t Heard of Yet

ABC News Now – live interview with host Meg Oliver

Jacket.indd

bn_logo

AMAZON

===

Steamy Kitchen Cookbook Tour

Starting in a few weeks, I’ll be on a whirl-wind cookbook tour – starting with New York City, then Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa and wrap up back in New York again.

My full tour schedule – will you come see me? I’d love to hang with ya!

===

One more thing…

TLCAnd before I sign off, I need to pinch myself again and announce a new gig with Discovery Channel’s TLC…home of some of my favorite shows like What Not To Wear and Take Home Chef (oooh la la! that Curtis Stone is fire-hot! he can take me home any day! oh shit, that’s not really the point of that show, is it?)

TLC is launching a brand new TLC Cooking online and I’m happy that I’ll be a part of it, contributing twice a week to their site! The details of whatwhenwherewhyhow….well, for another day. It’s time to go curl up in bed with my book!

67 Responses to “Guess what?”

1. Kerrie — 9/28/09 @ 11:33 pm

As one of those lucky enough to be a recipe tester, I am excited and can’t wait to get my book.

2. Gaby — 9/28/09 @ 11:41 pm

WOOOOHOOO – congratulations!!! I can’t wait to get the book!

3. Wow, congratulations Jaden! You are amazing … look at what you have accomplished!

4. Rasa Malaysia — 9/29/09 @ 1:18 am

Congratulations! I need my book like right now!!!

5. congrats!!! i can’t wait to get my hungry little hands on it :) the day that book hits your hands i bet it’ll be one big check off that vision board! you may have to start special ordering extra large slabs of foam core for your next one at the rate you’re going.

6. Silvia — 9/29/09 @ 4:55 am

Congratulations Jaden!! I’m so proud of being one of the testers! ;)
    Any chance of seeing you in London for your cookbook tour??

7. Well done, Jaden! You go, girl!

8. kat — 9/29/09 @ 5:45 am

way to go jaden!

9. Dylan — 9/29/09 @ 6:18 am

I read ‘My book is shipping early via Amazon’ and immediately hopped over to Amazon and bought it. Should be here Thursday. Congrats!!!!!

10. natalie — 9/29/09 @ 6:44 am

congrats! how very exciting!!! another book to add to my holiday wishlist!! :)

11. Rachael — 9/29/09 @ 6:55 am

Congrats! I just got an email yesterday from Amazon informing me that my book was shipping early and basically “was that ok?” What? That’s more than okay!

12. Kate — 9/29/09 @ 7:40 am

Congrats, Jaden — I can’t WAIT to get my copy!! Whoo-hoo!!!

13. Fran — 9/29/09 @ 9:28 am

Mazel Tov! I can’t wait to buy my copy!

14. YEAH I pre-ordered on Amazon so I hope it arrives soon. I can’t wait to see my name in a cookbook! CONGRATS!!!

15. foodyjourney — 9/29/09 @ 10:37 am

Congrats!!! I’m gonna get a copy too :-)

16. Oh, you are my hero! Really, I am going to be just like you one day. I wish you were coming to Mississippi. I don’t live anywhere near any of the stops you are making.

17. Congratulation Jaden! I am so, so happy for you… I’m ordering my copy RIGHT NOW!

And I’m putting your book signing at Barnes & Noble on my calendar on 10/25! Hope I get to meet you… :)

18. Dolce — 9/29/09 @ 11:04 am

Congratulations, this is such a great accomplishment… You can be very proud :)

19. Wooooowwww. it must be so utterly cool and exciting to have your own, your very own, cookbook in your hands… I had it on the alert list at amazon but I guess it didn’t alert me that I could order already. Anyway, I’ll do it right away!
    So…. and when are you gonna present your book in Europe? Surely you’re gonna be wildly popular there too! My favorite cookbookstore in Amsterdam will be happy to have you over (I am sure…!)

20. Jaded — 9/29/09 @ 1:55 pm

Congrats Jaden!! I’ve been highly anticipating your book :D I’m definitely gonna pick up a copy before I go to your book signing at Sur La Table in SF! I can’t wait to meet you and have you sign my book and maybe take a pic with ya. It’ll be my hubby and I 3 year anniversary so we’ll be in SF for the weekend!

21. The Single Guy — 9/29/09 @ 2:34 pm

Can’t wait to get your book in my hands too! Sorry I missed you at BlogHer, my mom was in town so I skipped the conference. But keeping my fingers crossed that I can catch you on your whirlwind book tour!

22. Maryann — 9/29/09 @ 2:54 pm

Congratulations!! You must be over the moon. Hope to get to one of your Tampa dates. My husband and I would love to meet you. Can’t wait to see your book.

23. the teacher cooks — 9/29/09 @ 3:25 pm

Congratulations! Saw all the party pictures on The Pioneer Woman. Looks as if a good time was had by all. Can’t wait to see the book.

24. The Purple Foodie — 9/29/09 @ 4:31 pm

Congratulations Jaden! Very well deserved! Can’t wait to buy the book!

25. Barbara — 9/29/09 @ 4:34 pm

Congratulations! A book tour how fun!

26. Margaret — 9/29/09 @ 4:38 pm

I am so excited for you. Can’t wait to get the book.

27. Erika Kerekes — 9/29/09 @ 4:41 pm

Congratulations – cannot wait to read it! My Asian cooking needs lots of help! (Oh, and I agree with you about Curtis Stone.)

28. linda — 9/29/09 @ 5:14 pm

Got the book…..Looks great! congrats Jaden!

29. *sniff, sniff*….Con…grat…*sniff*….you…lations! *waaahhhhh!* JOY!

30. Karen@Mignardise — 9/29/09 @ 5:25 pm

So much exciting stuff at once!
    The TLC thing sounds cool, especially if you get to meet Curtis.
    And your very own cookbook – can’t wait to see it. I wish you were coming to Portland Maine!

31. Lauren — 9/29/09 @ 6:16 pm

Congrats!! Thats so exciting =D.

32. Tokyo Terrace — 9/29/09 @ 6:33 pm

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! You are certainly an inspiration for myself and many other food bloggers out there. Keep rockin’ it and enjoy the spot light!!!

33. TikiPundit — 9/29/09 @ 6:53 pm

Congratulations! I got the email from Amazon. The book will be at home when I finally get back home. Can’t wait to see and read it! What an amazing journey you took!

34. ThatsSoYummy — 9/29/09 @ 6:59 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!

I think that this is a huge and amazing accomplishment and I am so excited to see what comes next for you. It is well deserved and I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy!!!!!

Keep jammin the way your doing, so much great things can only come from it! :-)

35. Elana — 9/29/09 @ 7:35 pm

Hi Jaden,

I only very briefly had a chance to say hello to you at your awesome Blogher party which was one of the highlights of the conference. I enjoyed your talk as well, it was great!

Congratulations on your book –can’t wait to get a copy.

Elana

36. Dawn in CA — 9/29/09 @ 8:27 pm

Jaden – your excitement really comes through in this post… and I’m excited for you! Congratulations! I can only imagine the labor of love this book must have been. Can’t wait to see it and try out all the great recipes.

It was great meeting you at BlogHerFood09. You are just as sweet and sassy as your blog. ;) And the after-party ROCKED. My own little blog is in the works, and I can’t wait until it’s up and running! Thanks for your inspiration and for sharing your insights at BlogHerFood. xo, Dawn

37. chef gui — 9/29/09 @ 9:47 pm

excellent. great job, Jaden. where will you stop?

38. Lynne — 9/29/09 @ 10:39 pm

Super CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I’m so proud of you and excited for you!!! My HUGE shipment from Amazon should arrive soon, too!!! Can’t wait to see you in Tampa!!
    :-)

39. Marvin — 9/30/09 @ 12:54 am

Congrats Jaden! I’m so excited to see your book!

40. cakebrain — 9/30/09 @ 1:38 am

congrats on your book! I foresee even bigger things to come!

41. AmyRuth — 9/30/09 @ 1:39 am

Wow, Jaden! Congratulations on your new journey. Thanks for bringing us along.
    AmyRuth

42. Kirsten — 9/30/09 @ 2:05 am

Wow, congratulations, Jaden!!! :-) This is absolutely great!!!

43. Audrey — 9/30/09 @ 9:24 am

Jaden, finally!! Congratulations :) I can’t wait to get my hands on that book!!

44. Congrats on your book! I totally can’t wait to get one. :)

45. LauraG — 9/30/09 @ 10:33 am

Jaden- We just received our book and it is beautiful and making my mouth water! Thank you. Laura & Phil

46. So excited for you!!! Can’t wait to get my hands on a copy! And what a blast you all had in San Fran!

Erin

47. A big Congratulations! Cant wait to get your book!

48. Awesome – congrats! I will be at the Foodbuzz Festival and can’t wait to get a copy signed!!!

49. Congratulations for your book!!! I have to wait, it will be available in france only november 25th…

50. Barry — 9/30/09 @ 4:50 pm

Just got mine today. Man, does it look awesome! Nicely done!