From The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays cookbook. I used a can of prepared french bread dough (will make 12 mummies) or you can use prepared biscuit dough, pie dough, pizza dough, croissant dough, etc. I used one 11-ounce can of Pillsbury french bread dough. If you're using the smaller croissant or biscuit dough cans, you'll have to get 2 cans. Serve these Mummy Halloweenies with little dipping bowls of mustard, ketchup or BBQ sauce.
Ingredients:12 hot dogs
1-2 cans prepared dough of your choice
mustard or ketchup, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Roll out the dough very thin, then use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut skinny strips of dough. Wrap each hotdog. Leave a little bit of open space around the "face" of the mummy. Keep wrapping in a crisscross pattern until covered. Tuck the end underneath the mummy dog (so that it doesn't unravel during baking). Repeat with all hotdogs. Lay them on on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or baking mat.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the glaze all over the top of each mummy dog.
4. Bake 18-20 minutes, until the dough is nice and golden brown.
5. Before serving, dog the mummy dogs with a little mustard or ketchup for the "eyes."