Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Post: Words Not Needed

I am never a woman with few words. But I think the story of what happened last weekend may not really require any explanation.

45 minutes later…..(yawn)

2 hours later…..

WTFT?!?!? (What The French Toast?!)

55 Responses to “A Post: Words Not Needed”

1. Brave Sir Robin — 3/8/08 @ 1:16 pm

nice!

I would have loved that toy when I was a kid.

2. amyjo smith — 3/8/08 @ 1:35 pm

lol – and they made dad do all the work?? or it was a safety thing – like my kids would have just smashed it to smithereens in a couple whacks and they’d be going, **WHAT?? only SMASHED TOYS??**

:D

cool toy/project :D

3. Sharon — 3/8/08 @ 1:38 pm

Just plain adorable. I’ll take the husband AND the kids! If you can’t bear to part with those, gimme the dang camera!!!

4. Hahahahahahaha! That is priceless!

5. Mindy — 3/8/08 @ 1:51 pm

Yeah, my boys would have gotten Daddy’s BIG “BaBa” and cracked that sucker open and been equally disappointed…love it! BTW, those safety glasses are way cool!

6. Christima — 3/8/08 @ 2:04 pm

There are similar, buried dinosaur-bone toys out there that you get to put together after you dig them out… maybe that be a little more rewarding for the boys. :)

7. Lore — 3/8/08 @ 2:05 pm

I love the picture where they are curious but look from the distance to see what happens next. Adorable! :)

8. courtney — 3/8/08 @ 2:07 pm

Precious!

9. Suji — 3/8/08 @ 2:14 pm

Oh How adorable. Look at those two standing at a safe distance. The little one is holding on to his bear.. .sooo cute :)

10. GANDAMORA PASCAL D SIREGAR — 3/8/08 @ 3:14 pm

OOOh, very cool picture
    The boys are curious but look from a distance to see what will happen next.
    Very, very nice….
    I like nice pictures
    March 8th, 2008 20.15 Amstelveen.

11. wow. lotta work for not so much…
    the kids look disappointed – i can’t blame them
    but
    i love the moment – the daddy time
    the experience

still, whata sucky treasure
    but whata nice family

12. dp — 3/8/08 @ 4:30 pm

How very cute. But all that work and no tasty treasure!

They are learning about dinosaurs at Sonny’s pre-school and they had something similar to let the kids excavate. Instead of the buried treause there were small bones, which they had to put together. But it took a lot of hammering and spraying with water to loosen the dirt.

13. GANDAMORA PASCAL D SIREGAR — 3/8/08 @ 5:24 pm

Dear Jaden steamykitchen,

I just made an error to block any notification from you

Please improve, Thanks,

Gandamora Siregar,
    Amstelveen
    The Netherlands

14. Oh, those expressions… priceless!!

15. Natasha — 3/8/08 @ 5:28 pm

Wahahaha!! The look on your boys’ faces…priceless! =p

16. blondee47 — 3/8/08 @ 6:11 pm

I thought mine were cute at that age, but yours are unspeakably cute!!

I have a pic with such a look and cherish it to this day: the kind of look that says it all and cannot be described

17. RecipeGirl — 3/8/08 @ 6:18 pm

Hey, we did that dig thingie too… but 6 year old whacked the heck out of it and got to the treasure (with sand ALL over our backyard) :)

18. Jessica H. — 3/8/08 @ 6:36 pm

Lol!! I remember doing those treasure digging kits! The surprise is never as good as chocolate though lol.

19. Simone — 3/8/08 @ 7:28 pm

The expression on the boys faces is absolutely priceless!! Fantastic series..
    Simone

20. Helene — 3/8/08 @ 7:49 pm

Didn’t you just want to cry for them when they found the ( I use the word loosely!) “treasure”? They look soooo disappointed…poor babies…and poor Scott.

21. veron — 3/8/08 @ 8:35 pm

ha..ha..what did you have to do to console them?

22. bill — 3/8/08 @ 10:00 pm

thanks for the chuckle… I needed that. It is said that a picture may convey a thousand words. Your sons expressions post the wtft is equivalent to Dostoevsky’s finest works!
    Oh and I’ll be using the french toast thingy too… nice touch for those of us with 4 year olds running about.

23. Holly — 3/8/08 @ 10:47 pm

LOL. Oh, I can sympathize. My 4 year old’s well meaning Aunt gave us the “Dig for Dino’s version. Compressed “rock” block to chisel through all the prehistoric eras. So far after 2 hours of chiseling I haven’t made much progress or found a single dino. Oh the things we do for the kiddos!

24. Mer — 3/8/08 @ 11:02 pm

Thanks for a good laugh. :0)

25. eliza — 3/9/08 @ 12:09 am

he-he..it was actually great that you didn’t bribe your kids with chocolates :) i should try that with my son.

26. kat — 3/9/08 @ 12:56 am

hilarious! looks like all the “boys” were having fun!

27. Donald — 3/9/08 @ 3:42 am

Jaden – u need an omni-cam ’cause, being a boy myself, this u capture, i tell u, never ends!!!!

Wait 4 the expressions when u can no longer read their minds! Like that could ever happen; i’m 45 (this year) and my mom still treats me like i’m 10! I think she will 4 ever.

28. Happy Cook — 3/9/08 @ 5:26 am

Ha ha i remember my daughter had the same kit years and years back and my hubby helping with her too

29. Okay, now I get why he was wearing the Superman glasses last night.
    We had a lot of fun. Thanks again.

30. Dani — 3/9/08 @ 11:48 am

Ha! That is SO funny. What The French Toast is that all about???

31. sunita — 3/9/08 @ 5:22 pm

:-DDD (words not needed)

32. And with that post, my biological clock sped forward 5 years.

Adorable.

33. Lynn — 3/9/08 @ 6:37 pm

The looks on your boys’ faces are priceless. A lame treasure, indeed. And your husband is a trouper to do all the grunt work for them.

34. I wish I had toys like that when I was a kid! But nooo…they got me books instead.

Your kids are adorable!! :-)

35. Mike — 3/9/08 @ 10:54 pm

lol, this reminds me of a scene from the movie “A Christmas Story” –be sure to drink more Ovaltine!

36. chunky — 3/9/08 @ 11:28 pm

hahaha! your kids are so cuteeeeeeee! thanks for making my day.

37. joey — 3/9/08 @ 11:30 pm

Aw! All your boys are too adorable! Love your sons’ expressions when they find the treasure chest with no chocolates…hahahaha!

38. let me create one where my sous chef gets the credit card bills in a mini treasure box WAHAHHAA cant wait to see how he’ll react HOHOHOHO (i’ve purchased some fab vintage dresses for spring 2008)

39. Alejandra — 3/10/08 @ 1:23 am

LOL!! I’m cracking up over here! What a fantastic toy…although truly lame prizes. I think i might actually buy that for a boy (at heart) I know….

40. Smiddlemore — 3/10/08 @ 3:04 am

priceless.

41. Nilmandra — 3/10/08 @ 11:52 am

LOL poor dad! But I bet he had fun too ;) And I agree that there should be gold chocolate coins in there!

42. argus — 3/10/08 @ 12:57 pm

The boys are cute,
    So is their dad;
    But no chocolates?!
    Mama is mad!

43. radish — 3/10/08 @ 2:29 pm

That’s hysterical… It sounds like they like food treasures at the end of their search. I don’t blame them, all this work would make one hungry! Your kids seem awesome – love that ‘less-than-thrilled’ expression on their face.

44. nancy — 3/10/08 @ 2:51 pm

aww, that’s too cute! i guess hard work doesn’t always pay off though =(

45. katie — 3/10/08 @ 4:31 pm

All that work…For the grown-up?
    And not even a Snickers bar inside? I’d be careful of that hammer….

46. Deborah Dowd — 3/10/08 @ 10:01 pm

How cute! It looks like fun, but you need a better treasure!

47. Helen — 3/10/08 @ 10:41 pm

Hey… I’m impressed that the little ones are in the “2 Hour” shots… quite the attention span. That woulda been my dad, all by his lonesome, swearing under his breath, LONG after we had all abandoned him.

48. katy — 3/11/08 @ 3:00 pm

the photo of your husband with the little mini hammer is hilarious!!! :-)

49. Dr. Biggles — 3/11/08 @ 8:07 pm

Holy fuhjeezus, sigh. Totally get it. And it sucks. The toys promise so much, the theme is absolutely wonderful, their joys are at an all-time high! And then, you open the box.

The box is more fun. Which is why some times I’ll find myself a refrigerator box, some markers and tell the boys to HAVE AT IT !!! Days of fun what with the help of some carefully placed portholes.

A box.

Biggles

50. sia — 3/12/08 @ 5:09 am

ha ha ha ha ha ha…. ROFL… priceless shots jaden :)