Friday, August 24, 2012

Separate Egg Yolk with Plastic Bottle Trick

Is your mind blown!??? The original video in Chinese is here!

56 Responses to “Separate Egg Yolk with Plastic Bottle Trick”

1. Kaname — 8/24/12 @ 3:00 pm

I love your sound effects! But seriously, a great party trick!

2. Sofie T. — 8/24/12 @ 3:04 pm

Cool trick! Love your sound effects too. :D

3. Hah! Oh my goodness, your reaction has me falling over laughing. This is SO me in the kitchen when I learn new things!!! :D

4. That is awfully cool and fun

5. Lynn — 8/24/12 @ 4:13 pm

The trick is awesome, and your video is hilarious! Where did you get your egg holder?

6. Winter — 8/24/12 @ 4:21 pm

That is awesome! And even more awesome at how amused you were doing it! You rock!

7. Cristina — 8/24/12 @ 6:34 pm

That absolutely blew my mind! So jealous of your pretty eggs.

8. Karen — 8/24/12 @ 8:31 pm

Works great with half a dozen of eggs in the bowl and you need just the whites for an angel food cake.

9. Tess — 8/24/12 @ 9:53 pm

Cool “trick”… you definitely made me smile!!! Am sending this to my daughter,,, She will like, too!!

10. shahin — 8/25/12 @ 8:14 am

ha ha ha….easy & awesome trike.my mom will be happy to see this.will u please share more cool trick like this?

11. priscilla poh — 8/26/12 @ 6:36 am

Hi SteamyKitchen

This is really really hilarious. I could not stop laughing just like the lady in the video. I certainly have learnt a new trick from you.

Blessings
    Priscilla Poh
    Singapore

12. SO cool. Now I need to show my girls. They’ll love it!

13. Pingback: Separate Egg Yolk with Plastic Bottle Trick | Steamy Kitchen Recipes | Hey Good Looking What You Got Cooking

14. Donna — 8/27/12 @ 5:33 pm

That is so cool! I saw another way of using the plastic water bottles just the other day. You cut of the spout end of the bottle and use it as closer for bag of dry beans,rice,etc. You take the bag and thread thru the spout and drape the outer plastic over the spout and close with lid bottle!

15. wenders — 8/27/12 @ 7:17 pm

Thanks for posting this! That is so cool. It’s so gentle, that even when you are transferring back and forth, the yolk is still in tack! This would make separating the yolk from the whites for Chinese Sponge Cake / Chiffon Cake – so much easier, especially when there are 7-10 eggs involved!

16. Jen Share — 8/27/12 @ 7:40 pm

The egg holder is called an egg skelter and I ordered mine through omelet USA. I think their website is omletusa.com. It’s made in England.

17. Kim in MD — 8/28/12 @ 10:54 am

Oh my gosh, that is SO COOL! You had fun with this, Jaden! You are so adorable! Also, who knew that your chickens lay so many different color eggs? :-)

18. Pingback: tuesday things and links | Crunchy Creamy Sweet

19. Jen M O — 8/28/12 @ 7:45 pm

I thought this was really cool. Next time I need to use a lot of eggs, I am going to use this trick.

20. Bonnie N — 8/29/12 @ 6:34 pm

Lol….this is so darned cool!!! You should submit the video to one of the news outlets and get this into national recognition. I love it!!!!

21. Chris — 8/30/12 @ 1:04 pm

Love the trick, but where did you get the egg rack from?

22. Pingback: pandan chiffon cake, home run | andmorefood

23. Well that’s dang awesome.

24. Paula M — 8/31/12 @ 11:04 am

This is just too cool! Thanks so much for sharing!

25. Annie — 8/31/12 @ 11:19 am

Love it!!! Thanks for posting this. So much more fun than tossing the yolk back and forth in the eggshell halves or getting goopy hands catching it in my fingers. :D

26. Jane — 8/31/12 @ 11:20 am

So Cool!!! I’m going to try it later! =)my hubby and my kid will be amazed. hihi. Thanks so much for sharing. ^_^

27. Paula in Louisville — 8/31/12 @ 1:59 pm

Your idea of using the bottle neck and top for bagged beans is great! It would work for any bagged item. Would probably be better for keeping bugs out of stuff than twist ties. Thanks for the great tip!

28. linda r — 8/31/12 @ 3:28 pm

How great is this!!??! Thank you for sharing

29. Tawny — 8/31/12 @ 4:19 pm

Thank you very much for this! I recently learned I’m allergic to egg whites, so now I have to separate the eggs to eat them.
    Sometimes I crack it well enough to do the way I learned in home-ec 40 yrs. ago. Other times, not so lucky. This is so easy, so no worries for me. Except I always hated yolks & love the whites; so now I eat the part I hate & have to throw away the part I love. At least you helped make it easier for me to do. Thanks again.

30. Kathleen Conner — 8/31/12 @ 5:52 pm

LOL! =)

31. Mary S — 9/1/12 @ 12:46 am

LOVE IT! AWESOME!

32. Kimmie — 9/2/12 @ 8:02 am

I shared this Video on my blog. As a cook I am always up for learning new and cool tricks in the kitchen. I grew up in an Italian Restaurant, and my Italian Grandma ans Aunts have taught me lots of neat tricks to make cooking easier. I wish they were around so they could see this. Thanks for posting.

Blessings,
    Kimie<3

33. Lori — 9/2/12 @ 4:53 pm

I love this! I just sent a link to my daughter because I know she will love it too! Thank you for sharing this great trick!

34. Hamilton Guy — 9/3/12 @ 1:12 pm

I never would have thought of this, yet its so ridiculously simple! Definitely going to give it a try for breakfast tomorrow.

35. Pingback: Separate Egg Yolk with Plastic Bottle Trick | Anythingfood. Recipes, Restaurant Reviews and More!

36. Brandon — 9/5/12 @ 10:56 pm

Wow, my mouth is still open in awe! How cool, ha!

37. Joy — 9/11/12 @ 11:23 pm

The is so freakin cool. I want to try it.

38. Dani — 9/12/12 @ 6:17 pm

LOL!! I don’t know what’s funnier… the actual trick (which is actually kind of mind blowing!) or your reaction. I’ve gotta share this one. EVERYone need to know this!

39. Kim in MD — 10/3/12 @ 9:01 am

I just saw this on The Today Show this morning, and instantly thought of you, Jaden! :-)

40. Pingback: cheesecake (and a few pops!) | andmorefood

41. Jenny — 10/6/12 @ 4:58 pm

Haaaahaaaaa! Love it! My dad sent me the same video!

42. Christine — 11/28/12 @ 3:58 pm

That is the cleanest and easiest way that I have seen. Will have to try it
    Thanks for sharing

43. Pingback: Tres Leches Cake – Warm Vanilla Sugar

44. Jamie — 12/17/12 @ 1:01 pm

I have an egg rack, it works wonders!

45. Maria Weiss — 4/2/13 @ 4:40 pm

OMG I love it.. can’t wait to use it.

46. Jason — 8/28/13 @ 5:22 am

Hilarious video Jaden! And a really neat trick. Thanks!

47. Carole S — 9/16/13 @ 4:39 pm

I love you site, not only are the tips and recipes great, but your videos are so much fun:-)

48. Mel — 12/1/13 @ 8:11 am

That was so cool!!! I’m definitely going to try that. You looked like you were having so much fun:)

49. Gloria L — 2/27/14 @ 2:54 pm

The water bottle trick blew mw away, but your laughter and the enjoyment you were having were the best. You Rock

50. Renee — 3/24/14 @ 2:47 pm

Cool use of water bottle. I saw a fancy version of an egg yolk separater on an info commercial and they wanted $19.99 for it. This is so much cooler and who doesn’t have an extra water bottle lying around.