Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yay for truffles and Marx Foods (vote for me will ya?)

I might just hurl the Wii remote at the television

Because right now as I type on the couch, Scott is playing this war game called Call of Duty. I bet a duck liver that the production team for this game had a sound budget of $100, because the ONLY sounds that are coming from the t.v. NO MATTER WHAT ACTION YOU TAKE  are either cussing, bang-bang of a machine gun and the occasional “uuaaagggghhhh……” followed by a plop of dead bodies hitting the ground. NON FREEAAAAKING STOP.

It’s been going on for the past 3 nights and Scott’s totally into this game. Oh I hate this game.

And I’m going to have a nervous breakdown if I don’t focus on happy happy happy living thoughts.

So here’s an awesome thought to drown out the gory game.

attce8e9

First place is $400 gift certif to Marx Foods. Please, for the sake of my sanity, VOTE FOR ME. With $400, I can finally splurge and buy like two fresh Italian black truffles.

Scott hates the smell of truffles.

===

And of course a yay for you!

And don’t forget to enter the Steamy Kitchen Big Holiday Giveaway – I got some totally cool prizes that I’m giving to YOU!

Oh I’m feeling better already.

48 Responses to “Yay for truffles and Marx Foods (vote for me will ya?)”

1. Happy Cook — 12/17/08 @ 9:41 am

As you askes so sweetly :-) i went and voted for you.
    Fingers crossed.

2. Tammy — 12/17/08 @ 9:50 am

Hey, love your site!!! I have gotten so many great ideas from you. Here is one for you, (my hubby has the same game). Make him wear headphones, most game consoles and even the tv itself should have a jack for them.

Happy holidays

3. kat — 12/17/08 @ 10:03 am

yipes…I went and voted, hope you win!

4. Modnar (James) — 12/17/08 @ 10:18 am

Don’t hurl the remote, hide the game disk. Say the dog ate it. If you don’t have a dog, blame it on the neighbors’ cat. Or you could tell him that too much game play can lead to Lakanooki Disorder.

Anyway, I voted and it looks like you are kicking butt. Hope they don’t count the votes here in Florida.

5. Kristin — 12/17/08 @ 10:33 am

Hooray! You’re winning right now. P.S. I got my Lowel Ego lights on Monday, but I’ve been sick so I just got around to assembling them yesterday. I did one test shot and so far so good. I will be playing with them more over the next few days. Well, I voted. Good luck!

6. Grifola frondosa — 12/17/08 @ 10:35 am

I cast my vote, but I’d go for the Fresh White Alba truffles myself.

When you read an article about the one white Italian truffle that sold for $200,000, you’ll understand why.

Of course, it was the largest found in years but you know that $$$ from Macao came in and won the bid.

Of course, bear in mind, prices dropped this year due to the global economy.
    Timing is everything!

7. patsyk — 12/17/08 @ 10:35 am

I’m totally voting for you! Hope you win! I hate games that are like that… my husband would play them for hours if he weren’t fighting for time on the Wii against our kids!

8. Janet — 12/17/08 @ 10:55 am

I voted for ya! You have it, hands down! Your recipe is simple, yet explosive, I love it! Now, I’ve never had a truffle. What do they taste like, and since they are so darn expensive, what would be an appropriate substitution?

9. SteamyKitchen — 12/17/08 @ 11:01 am

Janet – oh there is no substitution for truffles! i guess that’s why they are expensive. very earthy…have you tried truffle oil? great over pasta.

10. finsbigfan — 12/17/08 @ 11:06 am

Yea Team Jaden!! Too bad we can only vote once. 54% when I voted.
    My son played Call of Duty for 2 years before he finally moved along to another war game. He would play it with a team through the computer from all over the US and Canada. You are correct about the sounds– pretty lame. At least Scott isn’t into World of Warcraft (World of Warcrack)… yet.

11. Cindy — 12/17/08 @ 11:41 am

I voted for you and you are kicking b*tt in the contest. The shrimp are my absolute favorite.

12. wonders — 12/17/08 @ 11:57 am

My Bf’s playing Mass Affect, for the SECOND time…it’s the most boring game and every few minutes, I’d hear screaming of “I’m gonna destroy you!” from the game..it’s so annoying…lol Call of Duty isn’t too bad.

13. floreksa — 12/17/08 @ 12:03 pm

I’m sorry to say that COD will NOT grow on you. DH has been feverishly playing it for a year now and it still gets on my every last nerve!!

14. Debbie — 12/17/08 @ 12:06 pm

Just voted and of COURSE you are way ahead of everyone!
    Good luck!

15. Syd — 12/17/08 @ 12:29 pm

I will totally vote for you.
    Here’s something you can fire back at Scott. You really need to hear it.
    (Kiddo safe, btw)

16. Marija — 12/17/08 @ 12:53 pm

Voted :)

Good luck! Hope you win!

17. sb — 12/17/08 @ 1:23 pm

Voted for you – good luck!

18. Diana — 12/17/08 @ 1:31 pm

Hmmm, I was thinking about getting Call of Duty so Eric and I can shoot ‘em up together. Now I’m not so sure. Anyway, I voted for you and you are totally stomping the competition. Maybe once you win you can have everyone who voted over to sample what you made with your truffles :) Just kidding!

19. Lizzie Longenecker — 12/17/08 @ 2:21 pm

Haha! I’m going to assume he has an XBox 360…

Stan used to play Call of Duty. It was boooooooooooooring. Usually I enjoy watching him play video games, but that was not watcher-friendly. You should get him “Fable II” for Christmas. It’s super fun and it’s beautiful to watch. That or “The Elder Scrolls – Oblivion” – same good things (beautiful graphics and awesome soundtrack… everyone wins!).

20. Hélène — 12/17/08 @ 2:50 pm

Just voted. Good luck! My son plays everyday that Call of Duty game. So I know what you mean.

21. Holly — 12/17/08 @ 3:22 pm

You are kicking butt! Hope you end up with truffles!

22. Sowjanya — 12/17/08 @ 3:44 pm

done. you are on top with 155 votes :)

23. Gera — 12/17/08 @ 3:48 pm

Hi Jaden!

Just voted for you lovely shrimp recipe!! and the truffles are more expensive than gems but worth them!
    Good luck for you :)

Gera .:. sweetsfoods

24. RecipeGirl — 12/17/08 @ 4:00 pm

Just voted for you sweetie… dude, you’re totally going to win!

25. Asianmommy — 12/17/08 @ 4:21 pm

Jaden, good luck! You’re way in the lead.

26. Vanille — 12/17/08 @ 4:31 pm

It’s done. Wish you good luck Jaden !

27. Deb — 12/17/08 @ 5:00 pm

As a mother of teen boys I know full well that Call of Duty sound. Uuuhhhh! Not that I am saying your husband = teen boy. But I know you deserve truffles! Got me out of my feed reader and over to vote.

28. Pearl Maxey — 12/17/08 @ 5:37 pm

Yay! Just voted for you…Hope you win! Have a great Christmas!

29. Lars Kiilerich — 12/17/08 @ 5:45 pm

Voted for you.

ps. I love playing COD4 on my ps3, its the only game it ever plays. I never play while the family is awake tho, its a noisy game :)

30. meeso — 12/17/08 @ 5:54 pm

:)) I love you, Jaden!!!

31. ChefRunner — 12/17/08 @ 7:46 pm

Yeah, my mom got my husband the latest Castlevania game for PS2 as a thank you gift for cleaning her front yard over Thanksgiving, and recently I found myself humming the background music. He conceded that maybe he’s been playing a lot recently.

32. Haha, our brother plays Call of Duty… and yes! That game as your background sound is SUPER ANNOYING. Good thing it’s now out of sight (or should I say, out of earshot)!

33. Voted! It appears you’re going to win by a landslide!

34. cc — 12/17/08 @ 9:58 pm

how do i vote for you? i only know you as steamy kitchen

35. Lynne — 12/17/08 @ 10:18 pm

Oooh – I feel for ya! I’m an XBox 360 widow – hubby has been glued to it since Fallout 3 came out last month. :-(
    I voted for you – yay!!!!! LOVE those Firecracker Shrimp!!!

36. Angie — 12/18/08 @ 12:17 am

Yay! Just voted for you! Good luck and Happy Holidays :)

37. Rebel — 12/18/08 @ 12:37 am

I just voted for you and WOW, look at those results. Hope you win.

38. Wendy — 12/18/08 @ 4:32 am

I voted! Hope ya win!

39. Christmas present for Scott – BIG noise reduction headphones. :)

ps. Yep, voted for ya a few days ago!

40. Jaded — 12/18/08 @ 3:12 pm

Yay Jaden!! You’re winning :D I just voted for ya.

41. waisze — 12/18/08 @ 3:19 pm

Good luck!

42. Wanlee — 12/18/08 @ 10:26 pm

I just voted for you. I love your fire cracker shrimps any way. For now, look like you’re a winner.

Wish your family a wonderful holiday.

43. Cler — 12/20/08 @ 1:14 am

I’ve just voted for you. Love, love your Firecracker Shrimp. I make them frequently. Hope you win.
    Happy Holidays!!

44. April Wells — 12/20/08 @ 3:27 am

voted!! But had to come back over to the blog and figure out what your name was to figure out which recipe was yours. :-)

45. Barbara — 12/20/08 @ 3:34 pm

Just voted for you, hope you win!!!! :) :) :)

46. syrie — 12/22/08 @ 5:00 pm

Voted for you! Good luck and happy holidays!

47. Heidi / Savory Tv — 12/22/08 @ 7:31 pm

Hi there, I just voted for your shrimp! I just won a set of gourmet salts from Marx Foods, they are amazing, especially the truffle salt :) Good luck and Merry Christmas!

48. Barry — 12/22/08 @ 8:46 pm

Oh man, I’m conflicted here. Call of Duty is awesome and I have a gag reflex to all things truffle. Yet, must, vote, for, Jaden’s, sanity…(lest she lose it entirely and stop blogging!)