Adapted from Bon Appetit
If you don't have celery seeds, feel free to use celery salt, however go light on using the olive brine in the salad dressing.
Ingredients:FOR THE STEAK:
2 pounds flank steak (or use steak of your choice)
salt and freshly ground pepper
FOR THE SALAD:
1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
1/4 cup olives, chopped + 2 tablespoons olive brine
1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 stalks celery, sliced very thin and diagonally + handful of plucked celery leaves from the tops
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
Few shakes of Tabasco sauce
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare the quick onion pickle first. In a small bowl, combine the red onion with the olive brine (or juice). Let sit for 10 minutes while you prep the rest of the recipe.
2. Preheat the grill to high heat. Grill the steaks 5-7 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Season the steaks immediately with salt and pepper. Let the steak rest while you prepare the salad.
3. In a large bowl, combine the chopped olives, tomatoes, celery and celery leaves. Add the red onion to the salad, leaving olive brine in the small bowl.
4. To create the dressing, whisk together the remaining ingredients into the olive brine. Season with black pepper. The dressing should be tangy, salty and however spicy you'd like! Add additional olive brine (for more salt), horseradish or hot sauce if desired.
5. If you're using flank or skirt steak, slice the steak ACROSS the grain. Serve steak with the Bloody Mary Tomato Salad.